We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Raspberry is a deciduous, slightly thorny shrub with a perennial rhizome. Biennial erect stems grow in height from 1 m to 2.5 m.Among the many species, Caramel raspberries stand out for large fruits weighing about 8 g.
The cone-shaped berries are distinguished by their sweet and juicy pulp and, due to their dense structure, perfectly tolerate transportation. Since the stalks are easily separated, the collection of Caramel raspberries is not difficult.
Attention! The variety is remontant, that is, the berries are tied on annual and biennial stems.
Depending on the region, the bush begins to bear fruit from late July - early August. According to its characteristics, Caramel is one of the sweetest remontant varieties.
Planting rules, soil requirements
You can plant raspberries Caramel before the beginning of the growing season in the spring - in March or already in the fall, closer to the beginning of October.
When choosing the location of the Caramel raspberry, one must take into account the need for good lighting. Usually summer residents plant raspberries behind buildings. In this case, it is necessary to choose an area under the walls on the south side, which will additionally protect the plants from strong gusty winds. For planting Caramel, you can select both large and small areas.
Special attention should be paid to the "history" of the earth. You can plant raspberry bushes after onions, carrots, beets, lettuce or dill.
Advice! You can not plant new bushes of Caramel on a site where raspberries have already grown for a long time, since the land is depleted, and pathogens may remain in the soil.
- Holes are dug with a size of 56x60 cm and a depth of about 40 cm.On the bottom, you can pour 2 tbsp. l. superphosphate.
- Before planting, it is recommended to put the Caramel seedlings in water in which a root formation stimulator is diluted.
- Caramel raspberry seedlings are placed in a hole and buried. When planting, the root collar should be flush with the ground.
- The distance between the bushes in a row is 70-90 cm. For the aisle, a strip of land 1.5-2 m wide is left. If you adhere to this seating scheme for raspberries, the bushes will be better ventilated.
When planting and caring, it must be borne in mind that this variety of raspberries grows well on loose, rich lands. Therefore, it is recommended to fertilize the soil with compost. Approximate consumption - from 2 to 3 buckets of organic matter per 1 sq. m. Of the inorganics, it is advisable to use the mineral complexes "Kemira", "Ekofosk".
Thanks to proper maintenance of the bushes, it will be possible to harvest an excellent harvest (as in the photo).
Optimum watering of the plant is once every two to three weeks. Moreover, for one bush of raspberry Caramel, at least 5-9 liters of water is required. Most of all moisture is required by plants during flowering and ripening of berries. It is advisable to mulch the land under the bushes and nearby with straw or mown grass.
There are several ways to water raspberries of the Caramelka variety:
- sprinkling - refers to the most popular, especially in areas of unstable moisture. Water splashes as rain over the ground and raspberry bushes. The posts are secured between the rows and the sprayers must be above the crop level. Advantages of the method: channels and furrows are not formed on the soil, the earth is moistened evenly (which is especially important in areas with difficult terrain), the structure of the earth is not destroyed, dust is washed off from the leaves and their respiration improves. In cloudy weather, watering Caramel can be carried out at any time of the day. And on hot sunny days, it is advisable to irrigate the raspberry bushes in the evening. With this method of irrigation, it is important to find the right match between the intensity of rain and the rate of water absorption into the ground. The disadvantages include a deterioration in the quality of irrigation in strong winds or a decrease in water pressure in the system;
- irrigation systems are equipped with hoses and allow water to be delivered directly to the ground next to the raspberry stalks. Advantages of the method: watering raspberries Caramel can be carried out at any time of the day, even with a small pressure of water in the system. The disadvantages include: crust formation on the surface of the earth, uneven distribution of water on the site (especially on slopes), washing out of nutrients from the top layer of the earth, deterioration of the water-air regime of the soil.
Important! With any option for watering the raspberry bushes Caramel, it is necessary to avoid waterlogging of the earth, as this leads to decay of the roots.
Three-fold fertilization in the ground is considered optimal.
The first time Caramel raspberries are fed at the end of March. You can use both organic and inorganic fertilizers. Manure is diluted in water in a ratio of 1:10 and used at the rate of 4-5 liters of solution per square meter. For mineral feeding of raspberry bushes, Caramelka mixes ammonium nitrate with urea (15 g and 10 g, respectively, per square meter). The mixture is poured around each bush, then the raspberries are watered and mulched.
The second time the bushes are fed during the raspberry flowering period. To make a solution in 10 liters of water, dilute 2 tbsp. potassium sulfate and 3 tbsp. double superphosphate. This volume is sufficient for a square meter of soil.
The third stage is the feeding of Caramel raspberries in the fall after harvest. Add 1 tbsp to 10 liters of water. potassium sulfate and 2 tbsp. superphosphate.
Garter and trim rules
This shrub stands out for its strong stems. But due to the weight of the fruits, they are able to lean strongly towards the ground. Tying the stems will not only make harvesting easier, but will also help to better ventilate the bushes. Thanks to the uniform illumination, the berries of Caramel raspberries will ripen faster and the likelihood of developing fungal infections will decrease.
The trellis method is used to tie the stems. Pillars are installed along the bushes at a distance of 3-4 m from each other. Supports with a height of about 2 m are dug in to a depth of 50 cm. A wire is attached to the posts, which is pulled at levels 70, 100, and 150 cm. Caramel raspberry stems are tied to a wire as they grow.
In early spring, Caramel raspberries release new shoots. So that the stems do not become cramped, the shrub is thinned out. In April, the shoots are cut to the first bud.
During June, summer pruning of Caramel raspberries is carried out in order to remove excess root growth. Frail stems should be removed at the base with a secateurs.
In October-November, it is advisable to cut off the ground part of the Caramel raspberry. In autumn, plant nutrition stops, the leaves fall off and only raspberry roots remain for the winter. If the stems are not removed, they are tied, tilted to the ground and fixed. Moreover, you should not wait for the complete fall of the foliage. Raspberries should be worked with while the stems are still green and flexible enough. If you cover the bush with agrofibre, then Caramel will remain even at temperatures below 22˚ С.
Harvesting and growing raspberries
The berries begin to sing from the end of July - beginning of August. With good care, about 5 kg of berries can be removed from the bush. Harvesting is best in the afternoon, carefully examining each bush. The caramel is gradually making, so it is better to leave the pink fruits to ripen.
When describing raspberries Caramel, one of the methods of its cultivation should be separately highlighted. Using conventional techniques may not work when growing a remontant variety that produces few shoots. You can use the method in which the stems are cut out in the spring or autumn, located in the center of a two-year-old raspberry. The next season, raspberry Caramel will release new offspring, which are suitable for seating.
Diseases and pests of raspberries
When growing a bush, taking care of it, timely prevention of diseases and protection from pests will help to constantly harvest a good harvest.
Common diseases, methods of treatment and prevention
Anthracnose is a fungal disease of raspberries that appears as brown spots on the leaves. After some time, the affected area increases and spreads to the stems and berries, depressions are formed on the surface of the foliage. Distributed with seeds, insects, pruning devices. Treatment of raspberries Caramel - spraying the bushes with copper sulfate, oxychom, cuprosat.
Spotting (purple, white, ulcerative) - fungus damage to the bush. Purple, brown spots appear on the leaves, which then affect the stem. If you do not fight the disease, then the entire raspberry bush dies. The disease develops rapidly in spring and early summer. Therefore, before bud break, it is recommended to spray the raspberry with 7% urea solution. The main cause of the disease is very dense raspberry bushes.
Common preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of infection include:
- timely fertilization of the land for the purpose of adequate nutrition for the shrub;
- pruning of stems (sanitary and seasonal). Dry and old shoots should be cut out especially carefully;
- cut raspberry stalks are burned;
- regular loosening of the soil around the raspberry Caramel to a depth of 5 cm;
- periodic irrigation of bushes with plant infusions from harmful insects.
The main pests of raspberry
Raspberry mite that damages leaves. The spread of the pest can be prevented by spraying the bushes with a solution of copper sulfate, and the procedure is carried out before bud break.
Aphids settle on the underside of raspberry leaves and are especially dangerous as a carrier of various diseases. If a pest is seen on single bushes, then you can try to wash it off with a pressure of water from a hose. Treatment with chemical agents effectively helps: "Aktara", "Inta-vir", "Kinimiks". Before using chemicals, you should carefully study the instructions from the manufacturers.
The raspberry glass case looks like a butterfly with transparent glassy wings. Caterpillars hibernate inside the shoot and begin to eat it away with the beginning of spring. Damaged stems of caramel raspberry bushes have a swollen appearance, bear little fruit, dry out and break even at the base. The best remedy is to carefully cut the damaged stems (almost at the root), the damaged stems must be burned.
The raspberry kidney moth damages the buds of the bushes, as a result of which the raspberry leaves do not develop. Protection measures include low cutting of damaged stems. If the cases of damage are not isolated, then it is recommended to treat the bushes with insecticides.
Raspberry Caramel is a relatively new variety that is rapidly becoming popular. Delicious fruits with the aroma of wild berries will delight summer residents until autumn with proper care of the bushes.
I was surprised by the yield of Caramel raspberries - very decent. The berries are of a decent size, excellent taste - no worse than the Shelf. Until I found the minuses of the variety.
Nadezhda Volodina, Obninsk
I was surprised by the yield of Caramel raspberries - very decent. So far I have not found the minuses of the variety.
Svetlana Zueva, Rostov region
Indeed, a sweet berry, children really like it. The bushes are quite strong, raspberries are easy to separate, so easy to pick.
Igor Goryunov, Belgorod
An interesting variety - spring-planted raspberry bushes have grown powerful, one and a half meter. Decent harvest.