We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Any housewife knew how to salt milk mushrooms in a dry way. These mushrooms grew abundantly in the forests and served as the basis for delicious cold snacks. Each craftswoman brought something of her own into the cooking process, and today many recipes have come down to how to cook this dish. It can be served to the table with onions or butter, or add dry-salted mushrooms to salad, okroshka.
How to dry salt milk mushrooms
Forestry can be harvested in different ways: dry, hot and cold. Each has distinctive features. In order to salt the milk mushrooms with dry salting for the winter, it is enough to clean them of forest debris, wipe the caps. But for the dry salting method, it is better to take strong, young fruiting bodies. Adult specimens are often wormy, and during processing they break down, become limp.
Housewives often try to rid the raw materials of the bitter taste. To do this, they soak the mushrooms for 3 days, from time to time draining the liquid and adding fresh.
In what dishes to dry salt the milk mushrooms
It is impossible to think of a better container for salted milk mushrooms than a wooden barrel. But now, not everyone has the opportunity to find and store it. Enamelled pots and buckets, as well as large-volume glass jars are a modern alternative to such containers. Some housewives prefer the latter, since already salted mushrooms do not need to be transferred to other containers.
Ceramic dishes are considered suitable for salting. The main condition is the presence of a wide neck so that the fruiting bodies can be conveniently folded into or taken out. Salting in plastic buckets is highly undesirable. Although some housewives use 10-liter containers for these purposes, it is better to protect yourself.
The best choice is a wooden tub.
Materials that are categorically unsuitable for dry salting of mushrooms include:
- galvanized containers;
- enameled dishes, if they are damaged, chipped;
- clay containers, including glazed;
- nonfood plastic.
Classic dry salting of milk mushrooms
Milk mushrooms are delicious with any method of salting, but real connoisseurs of these mushrooms say that it is better to cook them in your own juice. This way they preserve both natural taste and nutrients. This recipe has only one drawback: you can try the appetizer only a month after preparation.
For a classic dry salting recipe you will need:
- mushrooms - 2.5 kg;
- salt - 2.5 tbsp. l .;
- garlic - 1 head;
- black and allspice to taste.
A ready-made dry salted appetizer can be served to the table no earlier than a month later.
How to salt:
- Immerse the mushrooms in water and soak for several days. Change the liquid 2-3 times a day. This is necessary in order to remove the bitter taste.
- Take a voluminous enamel container, wash thoroughly and dry.
- Cut a few cloves of garlic, put on the bottom of the container.
- Add 4-5 peppercorns.
- Pour in ½ tbsp. l. salt.
- With the second layer on the spices, lay out the fruit bodies with the caps down.
- Alternate such layers until the mushrooms run out.
- Be sure to put spices on top.
- Pick up a plate of the required diameter so that the contents of the pan are hidden under it.
- Press down on top with a jar filled with water.
- Dry salted milk mushrooms begin to give juice. It was he who served as a marinade.
- Cover the container with a towel, put it in a cool room, where the air temperature is in the range from 0 to + 8 C.
Dry salting of milk mushrooms in a cold way
For this method of salting, you should not take a large amount of spices, otherwise they will kill the natural mushroom aroma. But it is not suitable for very bitter varieties of milk mushrooms.
For 10 kg of mushrooms you will need:
- 5 bay leaves;
- 5 cherry leaves;
- 0.5 kg of coarse salt;
- spices to taste (garlic, fresh herbs).
When salting, you can lay the top layer of oak or horseradish leaves
How to salt:
- Clean the fruit bodies and prepare for salting.
- Take a wide container, put cherry and bay leaves on the bottom.
- Place the mushroom layer with the caps down.
- Sprinkle with salt, garlic, herbs.
- So lay out several tiers, each time adding them and seasoning with spices.
- Place the weight on top.
- When the fruiting bodies begin to give juice, drain it.
- After 10 days, roll up the snack in jars.
Dry salted milk mushrooms in a bank
This salting method is very simple and allows for large volumes to be harvested. The most difficult thing is to be patient and wait 30-35 days until the milk mushrooms are salted.
- 2 kg of mushrooms;
- 80 g of salt;
- 8-10 cloves of garlic;
- 1 horseradish root;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 1 bunch of dill.
When salting in a jar, large specimens are cut so that they easily pass into the neck
How to cook:
- Cut the horseradish root into thin rings.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Crumble bay leaves.
- Chop the dill.
- Mix all seasonings, cover with salt.
- Prepare mushrooms for salting.
- Take a three-liter jar, rinse thoroughly.
- Pour a small amount of the salting mixture on the bottom. Then fold the milk mushrooms with their legs up. So fill the container in layers up to the neck.
- Compress the contents to remove air from the can.
- From above, you can press down with a load.
Advice! With this method of salting, you should not seal the jars with lids, so that botulism does not develop inside.
Dry salting of milk mushrooms in a bucket
Salting mushrooms can be done in a very simple way by preparing just a few onions. And the result is great, so that the appetizer can be served with the festive table. For dry salting on a bucket of mushrooms you will need:
- 350 g of coarsely ground table salt;
- 5-6 heads of onions.
You can store a snack for no more than 12 months.
How to salt:
- Take a chip-free enamel bucket.
- Peel the onion, cut into rings.
- Lay salt, mushrooms and onion rings in a bucket.
- Press down on the contents.
- Place the bucket in a cold room for 40 days.
- Transfer the finished snack to jars, remove and store in the refrigerator.
How to dry milk storage in a barrel
Before you dry salt the mushrooms, the barrel must be soaked so that it does not leak. New containers are soaked for 2 weeks, changing the water every few days. Due to this, the wood loses its tannins, due to which the brine darkens. If the barrel has already been used for salting, it is cleaned and steamed with a boiling solution with caustic soda.
Advice! For pickles, you can take oak, birch, linden, aspen barrels.
- 10 kg of mushrooms;
- 500 g of salt.
For salting, it is recommended to take coarse salt
- Sort out and peel the milk mushrooms, remove the legs.
- Fold the hats into the barrel.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with a napkin on top, put the load.
The caps that have let the juice decrease in volume and settle. You can add fresh raw materials to the barrel and salt it until the container is full.
How to dry salt milk mushrooms in Altai style
The cold mushroom appetizer according to this recipe goes well with any side dishes. It is easy to prepare it. To do this, for 1 kg of mushrooms you will need:
- 40 g salt;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 horseradish root;
- a few peas of allspice;
- a sprig of dill.
While the mushrooms are salting, they must be kept in a dark place.
How to cook with dry salting:
- Sterilize the container.
- Put seasonings and spices in it.
- Place a layer of milk mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, add herbs.
- Cover the container with napkins, put weighting agents on top.
- The evolved liquid should be drained from time to time.
How to salt milk mushrooms with dry salting with dill and horseradish leaves
Dill and horseradish leaves give the snack a piquant taste, and the forest gifts are crispy and aromatic. To cook them, for 1 kg of mushrooms you need:
- 40 g salt;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- a few horseradish leaves;
- 2-3 stalks of dill;
- 5 black peppercorns.
Put horseradish leaves in a jar with the top layer, they have a bactericidal effect
How to salt:
- Sort out the milk mushrooms soaked from bitterness, cut off the legs from them. Divide large caps into parts.
- Sterilize dry salted snack jars.
- Put garlic, pepper, leaves, a little salt on the bottoms.
- Then place a layer of mushroom caps.
- Lay out a few more tiers in the same way.
- Press the container filled to the top with oppression.
- Leave to pickle in a cool dark place for a month.
Advice! To make mushrooms easier to clean from litter, you can pour a little vinegar into the water.
Salting milk mushrooms with dry salting with horseradish root and garlic
Dry salted milk mushrooms at home are used much less often than cold or hot ones. This is due to the requirements for the duration and storage conditions of the mushrooms. But mushrooms, salted in their own juice, turn out to be especially aromatic, clean and white.
For a snack you need:
- 5 kg of fresh milk mushrooms;
- 300 g of salt;
- 5 horseradish roots;
- 10 horseradish leaves;
- 10 currant leaves;
- 10 garlic cloves;
- 10 dill umbrellas.
It is necessary to ensure that the upper milk mushrooms do not dry out, otherwise mold will appear.
How to salt:
- Soak and dry the fruit bodies.
- Sprinkle each of them with salt.
- Take a container for the salting. Transfer into it with layers of milk. Add garlic cloves and chopped horseradish root between them.
- Top with horseradish leaves and gauze.
- Put oppression.
- Salt cool for 30 days.
- After this time, transfer to sterilized jars. Seal with nylon caps.
How to pickle milk mushrooms with dry salting with oak, cherry and currant leaves
Salted oak leaves slow down the formation of mold. Thanks to the tannins they contain, mushroom caps remain strong and crispy for a long time.
For dry salting you need:
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- 3 tbsp. salt;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 3-4 oak, cherry, currant leaves;
- 6 peas of black pepper.
Dry salting load must be very heavy to press down tightly
- Cut large fruiting bodies. The legs can be removed.
- Take jars for pickling, line the bottom with horseradish leaves.
- Peel the garlic. Put on the leaves.
- Place the mushrooms in jars with their caps down, add salt.
- Transfer with oak, cherry, currant leaves, dill.
- Form several such layers.
- Cover the container with gauze, press down with a load.
- Salt the milk mushrooms for a month.
How long can you eat dry salted milk mushrooms
Dry salting is the longest of all harvesting methods. It is necessary to withstand the appetizer for at least one month. But the result is worth it: forest gifts are hard, crispy.
It is necessary to store the blanks in compliance with the following rules:
- Place in a cool, dry place. Suitable options are refrigerator, basement, cellar, balcony.
- Maintain temperature from 0 to + 6 0FROM.
- Shake the container to prevent the brine from stagnating.
A container with dry salted snacks should be stored for no more than 6 months. In addition, it should be borne in mind that this period in the refrigerator is even shorter, up to 3 months.
Having salted milk mushrooms for the winter in a dry way, you don't have to worry about the fact that she will not have savory dishes for the festive table. The blanks are suitable for salads, various appetizers. They are even added to Italian pastries. Salted milk mushrooms are also tasty in their natural form, seasoned with vegetable oil, onions or sour cream.