We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Georgian green tomatoes are an original appetizer that allows you to add variety to your winter diet. Hot peppers, garlic, herbs, nuts and special seasonings (hops-suneli, oregano) help to give the usual preparations a Georgian flavor. These snacks are spicy and rich in flavor.
Workpieces intended for winter storage are distributed among sterilized cans. For this, containers are treated with boiling water or hot steam. Then the jars filled with vegetables are placed in a pot of boiling water to be sterilized. The processing period depends on the capacity of the cans and ranges from 15 minutes to half an hour.
Georgian green tomato recipes
You can cook unripe tomatoes in Georgian style in different ways. Usually tomatoes are stuffed with herbs, garlic or vegetable mixture. Hot or cold marinade is used as a filling.
You can make spicy adjika from green tomatoes, which can be stored for a long time even without sterilizing cans. If there are red tomatoes available, then an unusual salad fill is obtained on their basis.
An unusual appetizer is made from green tomatoes stuffed with a special filling. Georgian stuffed green tomatoes are prepared according to the following recipe:
- From green tomatoes, you need to choose about 15 medium-sized fruits. Cross-shaped incisions are made in them.
- Chop one carrot and bell pepper in a blender.
- The garlic head is divided into cloves and placed under a press.
- The chilli pod should be finely chopped and added to the total vegetable mass.
- Spices are poured into the resulting filling to taste: hops-suneli and oregano.
- Tomatoes need to be stuffed with the cooked mass, then put them in glass jars.
- Marinade filling is prepared by boiling water. For each liter, you need to add 20 g of table salt and 80 g of granulated sugar.
- At the boiling stage, 70 ml of vinegar must be added to the marinade.
- The hot liquid is poured into jars, which are pasteurized in containers with boiling water for no more than 20 minutes.
- The containers are sealed with tin lids.
In combination with spicy herbs, pickled tomatoes are obtained, which are distinguished by a pungent taste. The recipe for their preparation without sterilization is as follows:
- In unripe tomatoes, the stalk is cut out, and in the fruits themselves I make small cuts.
- For the filling, prepare a mixture of chopped garlic (0.1 kg), dill, tarragon and parsley (10 g of each ingredient is taken).
- Horseradish root, which is scrolled in a meat grinder, will help to make the appetizer sharper.
- The filling is filled in the place of the incision in the tomatoes, after which the fruits are put in a wooden or enameled dish.
- Several peppercorns, currant or cherry leaves are also placed in the jar.
- For the brine, you need to boil a liter of water and add 60 g of table salt.
- Tomatoes are completely poured with cooled brine, an inverted plate and load are placed on top.
- For a week we ferment vegetables at room temperature.
- The spicy green tomatoes are then placed in the refrigerator for winter storage.
Recipe with garlic and herbs
To prepare a delicious Georgian snack for the winter, they choose small unripe tomatoes. The recipe for further cooking pickled green tomatoes with garlic and herbs is shown below:
- About a kilogram of tomatoes must be washed and longitudinal cuts made in the fruits with a knife.
- For the filling, finely chop or grind in a blender five cloves of garlic and a pod of hot pepper.
- Be sure to chop the greens: parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, celery.
- The ingredients are mixed to form a homogeneous mass with which the tomatoes are stuffed.
- Boiling water acts as a marinade here, in which a couple of tablespoons of salt and one spoon of granulated sugar are dissolved.
- The boiling water is removed from the heat and a teaspoon of vinegar is added to it.
- Tomatoes are placed in jars, which are poured with marinade.
- For 25 minutes, the containers should be placed in boiling water, then preserved with a wrench.
- It is better to put green tomatoes in a cool place for the winter.
Vegetable salad with nuts
A very tasty salad for the winter is made from green tomatoes with nuts and other vegetables, which are harvested at the end of the season. Thanks to nuts and spices, the snack acquires a bright taste and aroma.
You can prepare a Georgian vegetable salad according to the recipe:
- Unripe tomatoes (2 kg) must be crushed into slices, covered with salt and kept in room conditions for 3 hours.
- Half a kilo of onions must be peeled and fried in a pan.
- Half a kilogram of carrots are crumbled into narrow bars, and then fried in a pan after the onion.
- A kilogram of sweet pepper is cut into half rings and stewed in oil over low heat.
- Half a head of garlic is divided into cloves, which are pressed through the press.
- Walnuts (0.2 kg) must be chopped in a mortar.
- The juice is drained from the tomatoes and mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1/2 tablespoon of dry red pepper, suneli hops and saffron are added to the vegetable mass. Salt is added to taste.
- Vegetables are put to simmer for a quarter of an hour.
- The hot salad is distributed among the jars; they are covered with sterilized lids on top.
- Put jars in a deep saucepan, pour water and sterilize them for 20 minutes.
- The next step is to preserve the blanks with a key.
Spicy instant adjika with garlic and horseradish is obtained from green tomatoes. This appetizer goes well with barbecue and various meat dishes.
The simplest process for making green adjika includes the following stages:
- First, the green tomatoes are selected. In total, they will need about 3 kg. Places of damage and decay should be cut out.
- Chilean pepper (0.4 kg) is also prepared, from which the stalk is removed.
- Horseradish root (0.2 kg) must be peeled and cut into large pieces.
- Garlic (0.2 kg) is divided into wedges.
- The ingredients are passed through a meat grinder and mixed well.
- If desired, you can add a little salt and a finely chopped bunch of cilantro to the mass.
- Green adjika is laid out in jars, corked with lids and put into the refrigerator.
Spicy adjika can be used as a marinade for unripe tomatoes. The recipe for green pickled tomatoes is as follows:
- First you need to cook a spicy adjika. For her, take 0.5 kg of red tomatoes and sweet pepper. They are ground in a meat grinder with the addition of 0.3 kg of garlic.
- In the resulting mass, you need to add a tablespoon of hops-suneli and salt.
- Green tomatoes (4 kg) are cut into slices and placed in containers with adjika.
- Put the mass on fire and, after boiling, stew it over low heat for 20 minutes.
- At the stage of readiness, finely chopped parsley and dill are added to the green tomato salad.
- Hot workpieces are distributed among the jars, sterilized and sealed with lids.
- Canned salad is kept cold.
Georgian green tomatoes are marinated with chili, horseradish, nuts, spices and herbs. Georgian cuisine involves the use of herbs, the amount and variety of which can be adjusted to taste. Cilantro, basil and parsley are most commonly added.
The resulting appetizer is very spicy, so it is used with meat or fish dishes. For long-term storage, it is recommended to remove the workpieces in a cellar or refrigerator.