We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Deutzia is a shrub or woody plant from the Hydrangeaceae family. Planting action in open ground and caring for it require compliance with the technology of growing decorative culture.
Deytsiya: general description of the bush
The botanical description of the decorative perennial may vary depending on varietal characteristics. Nevertheless, all plants belonging to this genus are characterized by a spreading or erect aboveground part with a height of half a meter to four meters. Subject to the rules of care, the plant is able to maintain decorativeness for a quarter of a century.
A characteristic feature of the plant is represented by a very plentiful and long flowering from the last decade of spring. The flower may have a white, pink or purple-purple color. The flowers are not fragrant, collected in inflorescences of small sizes. After flowering, fruits form in the form of a box.
Characterization of plant species and varieties
The genus includes about fifty species. Especially popular are decorative unpretentious garden forms and varieties having high winter hardiness, not only with simple, but also with double flowers.
Rough, or star-shaped, or rough (D. spara) is represented by a small and very elegant shrub. The shoots are covered with gray or reddish-brown, peeling off over time bark. Leaves are dull, green or yellowish brown. White or pink flowers, collected in beautiful and narrow racemose inflorescences. It is used in single and group landings. It is characterized by insufficient frost resistance. The most popular varieties include white-flowered and densely leafy "Candidissima" and yellowish-white flowers "Marmorata".
Elegant or slender (D.gracilis) is characterized by small size. The height of the aerial part can vary between 50-120 cm. A distinctive feature is the neat bush-like shape of the perennial, as well as early and abundant flowering.
The species enters the flowering phase in the second year after planting. Snow-white flowers, collected in elegant racemose inflorescences that look spectacular against the background of oblong-lanceolate lettuce leaves. The view is used in the design of borders and in group plantings with tall plants.
Pink (D. rosea) is a hybrid form obtained from species purple and elegant. The height of the ornamental shrub perennial does not exceed a meter. The flowers are characterized by a very attractive bell-shaped with two-color petals. The lower part of the petals has a pink color. The upper part of the petals is pinkish-white.
Whitish inflorescences form white inflorescences with a diameter of up to 10-12 cm, consisting of double flowers with a diameter of 30 mm. The period of active flowering occurs in mid-summer. The height of the aboveground part reaches two meters.
Amur, or small-flowered (D. amurensis) is represented by a spreading shrub up to two meters high. The aerial part is covered with brown or grayish bark. Foliage of an elliptical shape, with thinly serrated edges and pointedness. Leaf plate with pubescence. In autumn, the leaves have a brownish-yellow color. Numerous flowers, white staining, up to a centimeter in diameter, collected in corymbose-type inflorescences.
The hybrid deuterium is represented by artificially bred species obtained by crossing several different varieties at once. Such hybrid forms adopt from the parent pair the best signs and characterized by increased resistance to adverse external factors.
Magnificent or magnificent, or hybrid (D. x magnifica) - this is a hybrid form, very popular in home gardening, obtained as a result of work on crossing the rough action and the Vilmorena action. Upright shrub plant up to 2.5 m high with arcuate curved shoots. Foliage elongated ovoid, bright green staining. The flowers are numerous, terry type, white, collected in large and lush inflorescences, massively blooming in mid-summer.
Terry action - the plant is very decorative and it is these varieties that are increasingly preferred by flower growers in the Moscow Region, where perennial wintering is not particularly difficult. The most popular varieties include shrub "Plena" and vertically growing white-flowered "Pride of Rochester".
Dacia Mount Rose, Pride of Rochester, Strawberry Glade and other popular varieties
- Grade Mont Rose with snow-white or pink, double flowers. A large shrub perennial plant reaches a height of 2.5 meters. Foliage of dark green staining, in the autumn period acquires an attractive yellowish red hue. The perennial blooms from June to July and grows and develops very well on any type of soil.
- Pride Ochester (Pridе of Roschestеr) belongs to the category of terry actions with the height of the aerial part up to three meters with a width of up to 2.5 m. The flowers are very decorative, terry type, snow-white staining;
How to plant an action
- Delightfully beautiful variety Strawberry Glade forms very large flowers, collected in large and lush paniculate inflorescences. It differs in whitish-pink staining of the petals. Shades can range from saturated raspberry tones to lingonberry or light lilac. The average height of the bush does not exceed one and a half meters;
- For grade "Pink Mountain" very beautiful and plentiful flowering is characteristic. A sprawling perennial one and a half meter bush has graceful hanging side shoots that are literally studded with delicate pink flowers collected in racemes of the racemose type. It is characterized by winter hardiness, and when it freezes into severe frosts, it is able to quickly recover from the root system.
- Strawberry Fields a height of one and a half meters attracts attention with very beautiful, elegant whitish-pink flowers that look spectacular against the background of oblong-lanceolate leaves. Shrubs of perennial shoots have an attractive arched shape. Active flowering occurs in June-July, when large buds of white-pink staining with a clearly visible red core are formed;
- Captivity is a shrub medium-sized perennial with green foliage and white or pink flowers that bloom in late May or early June. The plant practically does not need a framing;
- Tourbillon rouge refers to the popular and very common hybrid forms with a height of up to two meters or slightly higher, with oval-ovoid foliage and snow-white double flowers blooming in early summer;
- Hybrid view of Lemoine obtained as a result of crossing species elegant and finely colored. It belongs to the category of early, and flowering begins in late spring and early summer. Snow-white flowers, collected in lush and fairly large pyramidal inflorescences. It has excellent winter hardiness.
Deytsiya: landing and care in the open ground
The best time to plant a decorative action is spring, after sufficient thawing of the soil, but before the stage of active sap flow. Seedlings with a closed root system can be planted until the first decade of June. Before planting, it is very important to choose the right site for growing. Perennial prefers open areas with shading at noon. Culture is very difficult to tolerate gusty and cold winds.
The soil on the site should be nutritious, not overdried, well-drained. The plant feels most comfortable on soils represented by a pair of parts of humus, a part of peat compost and a couple of parts of medium-grained sand. Such a nutrient substrate fills the landing pit. If there is acidified soil on the site, slaked lime must be added at the rate of 0.3 kg per square meter. Slightly alkaline soils are preferred.
When choosing planting material, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- before buying, a careful inspection of the bush is carried out in order to determine the presence or absence of visible damage or disease damage on the shoots;
- plants with an open root system are sold at a lower price, but you need to carefully examine the roots for lack of overdrying;
- Before planting, it is necessary to carefully cut off the branches broken during transportation, and it is also necessary to shorten the dried roots, then soak the root system in water for a couple of hours and treat with a clay mash.
The action should be planted with a distance of a couple of meters from each other, as well as other plantings, buildings or fences. At the bottom of a well-dug landing pit, you must definitely fill up the drainage, represented by medium-fractional crushed stone or brick fight, after which a nutritious soil substrate is filled with the addition of a small amount of nitrophoska. The root neck of the planted plant needs to be located at ground level or deepened by a couple of centimeters. After planting, abundant watering is carried out, and the subsequent shortening of shoots by three to five buds. The plot is mulched with peat.
How to propagate the action
Features of the care of garden ornamental shrubs:
- Irrigation activities are carried out weekly, based on the calculation of a bucket of water per plant, but in periods of too dry periods, irrigation should be increased by about a half to two times. From the last summer month, irrigation measures must be stopped, which will prepare the plant for wintering. After watering, shallow loosening is carried out, as well as the removal of weed vegetation in the near-stem circle;
- fertilizer should be done every month. For this purpose, it is best to use organics represented by solutions based on manure or bird droppings as top dressings. A couple of times a season, it is recommended to fertilize with mineral complex fertilizers. In early autumn, phosphorus-potassium compounds can be added to improve the winter hardiness of the bushes;
- in order to maintain high decorativeness and improve flowering, it is advisable to periodically trim the sanitary and formative nature. The event is carried out a couple of times a year. The process of autumn pruning includes shortening the branches and removing all old or damaged shoots. In the spring, branches that are frozen and thickening the bush are cut. If necessary, rejuvenate the bushes by pruning.
Subject to the cultivation technology and providing the culture with optimal conditions at all stages of growth and development, the perennial has sufficient natural resistance to diseases and plant parasites. As a prophylaxis, it is allowed to use solutions based on the Phthalophos and Karbofos preparations.
The subtleties of growing plants in the suburbs
Soil and climatic features of the Moscow region suggest some features when growing action on household plots. The frosty winter period requires the mandatory use of shelter in the aerial parts in preparation for the cold. It is especially important to protect the perennial in a snowy winter.
To this end, protection methods such as air-dry frame shelter are used. Dry foliage and spruce spruce branches, as well as lutrasil and high-quality polyethylene, can serve as insulation material. Tall actions should be tied with breathable materials in the form of spunbond, burlap or lutrasil.
Fragrance action: cultivation
Deytsia is characterized by a very abundant and elegant flowering that can decorate any garden space. For landscape designers and amateur gardeners, the perennial fell in love with decorativeness and relative unpretentiousness, but the longevity of the culture will directly depend on the observance of the care technology.